[antlr-interest] Getting information on failed syntactic predicate?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Feb 3 12:57:52 PST 2004

Hi

Depends on what you mean by the reason...do you mean the token sequence
that failed?  You can use my new RewriteEngine to track all tokens and
have an index number for each.  Then, upon failure (override a method
or somethign) record what the token index is.  You can also record the
index of when you started guessing.  Then you can print out a failed
sequence if you know for sure you got an error from it...

Ter

On Feb 3, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Daniel Shane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to get some information on why a certain syntactic
> predicate
> failed?
>
> eg. If I have the following rule:
>
> a:
>    (b)=> b
>   | c
>
> and b does not match, is it possible to have the "reason" why b
> failed? This
> would be the error message generated by:
>
> a:
>
> ideally.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance!