[antlr-interest] Re: MSVC7.1 ANTLR2.7.3 rc2 Dll link error

gwind04 luc_ost at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 06:56:10 PST 2004

> > I built the DLL file of ANTLR2.7.3rc2 with MSVC7.1. I then
generated
> > c++ files of Calculator example. However, I could not link them
> > successfully. The error message of the DLL is :
> >
> > "Calc fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file"
> >
> > If I don't use the dll file, and just simpley put everything
> > including ANTLR files into the project and build them together,
they
> > worked fine.
>
> Could it be that there was an old .o file around that got picked
up ?

No. everytime I'd clean all before I did the build.

> > btw, the release version of the dll file is 32kb, the debug
version
> > is 324kb.
>
> You are using the same settings #define wise for the release and
debug
> build ? Debug versions can be a lot bigger due to symbols. 32Kb
looks a bit
> on the small side though.
>
> You did build the dll while including dll.cpp and included the
patch that
> flew over the list just now ?

Yes, I included the dll.cpp(modified version), and built
successfully. I couldn't make the static library out of rc2. If
somebody knows how to make it, I'd appreciate if the method can be
posted here.

I couldn't find the patch now. May I have either the link or an
attachment email of it please?

Thanks.