[antlr-interest] Re: trouble using on hp-ux

trojem_computers jerrydy at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 21:57:40 PST 2004

> Try rebuilding the jar file. (e.g. rebuild all the java files) or
if that's
> an option use a newer java runtime (1.4 will do).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ric

Okay... I rebuilt the jar file and got a little further. I'm now
getting this error during the make (BTW, I'm using aC++, the HP-UX
supported compiler)

Building ASTFactory.o
Error 419: "../antlr/ASTFactory.hpp", line 75 # 'istream' is used as
a type, but has not been defined as a type.
    st ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(std)string& txt, ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(std)
istream& infile );

I looked at the file ASTFactory.hpp and inserting the following in
line 17 seems to fix the problem. Can someone tell me why this would
work in other compilers? ie. where is the istream header included?

#include <istream>

I'm getting a different error now and I'm still trying to track
what's causing it. More to come...

-Jerry

* determined to get this to work in hp-ux aC++ =)