[antlr-interest] New python-related lab for my CS652 class

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sun Feb 22 15:44:51 PST 2004

Howdy folks,

In case anybody wants to try out my lab (or you can wait til tuesday to
see the solution), here is the description for tomorrow's lab:

http://www.cs.usfca.edu/~parrt/course/652/labs/python.html

They will take the python BNF specs from the distribution and the
website (parser and lexer) and build a translator that generates an
equivalent ANTLR spec :)  I provide the complete infrastructure, in
1:45 hours the students must add TokenStreamRewriteEngine operations to
perform the syntax-directed translation.

After they have completed the lab, the students will use the output as
the starting point for their next project: build a python parser.  Then
I suppose we'll need to do symbol table actions and then perhaps
translate it to something. :)

Terence
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com
Cofounder, http://www.peerscope.com pure link sharing