[antlr-interest] Troubles with TokenString

lookee luca at lookee.it
Thu Jan 8 04:46:27 PST 2004

I'm an Italian studend and I'm working for a code restructuring tool wich
parallelize loops in java sources.

I'm using antlr with TokenStringRewriteEngine to: cut, paste, modify and
replace chunk of code.

I'm using TokenStringRewriteEngine (I know that it isn't full tested tool) as
showed in:
"Syntax Directed TokenStream Rewriting"
http://www.antlr.org/article/rewrite.engine/index.tml

To reproduce my trouble on TokenStringRewriteEngine.toString(int, int) method,
I can use the code reported in the article:

GenHdr.java
tinyc.g
input.c
TokenStreamRewriteEngine.java
TokenWithIndex.java

The problem
I'll modify ONLY one line to reproduce my problem in GenHdr.java

if I change this line:

System.out.print(rewriteEngine.toString());

with:

System.out.print(rewriteEngine.toString(0,rewriteEngine.getTokenStreamSize()));

all works perfectly :-)

but if put:

System.out.print(rewriteEngine.toString(x,y));
where x,y are two valid int index in [0,rewriteEngine.getTokenStreamSize]

system hang and output does not work properly :-(

Can someone help me?

--
lookee

To visit your group on the web, go to: