[antlr-interest] Re: antlr outputting Python code: status?

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jan 17 23:07:30 PST 2004

Ed--

I think that there is a better approach for this particular problem.
I've been doing a fair amount of work lately interfacing the Python
runtime as the backend for a spacecraft modeling language and using
SWIG for interfacing C/C++ functions with Python.  It is easy to call
Python from C/C++ and vice versa.  C/C++ functions integrate nicely in
shared library form, and I think a better approach for the problem you
mention would be C++/Python hybrid approach.  The idea would be to
build a shared library/Python module from a C++-targeted antlr C
grammar with calls to Python from the tree walker.  That should give
you both the advantage of compiled C/C++ speed and Python flexibility.

--Loring

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "edcjones" <edcjones at y...> wrote:
> Periodically someone writes to comp.lang.python asking for a C parser
> written in Python. There is an antlr project by Amol Dharmadhikari to
> modify antlr so it can output parsers written in Python. How is this
> project doing? Is there any documentation for it? Any URLs?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Jones

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: