[antlr-interest] Problem with C++ files: BaseAST.cpp

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Jan 26 05:14:36 PST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 12:37:56PM -0000, marcschellens wrote:
> Trying to port the GDL project
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnudatalanguage/) to windows, a
> colleague found the following (ANTLR 2.7.2, C++ mode):
>
> in BaseAST.cpp line 312:
>
> ANTLR_API AST* const nullASTptr=0;
>
> has to be changed to:
>
> AST* const nullASTptr=0;
>
> because:
> "the __declspec should appear only in the declaration."
> (MSVC)
>
> Shouldn't this be changed in the original ANTLR distribution also?

What MSVC version ? He's using a DLL build ? Anycase I recall that this was
needed for some MSVC version once. Would have to check about when this
entered the codebase.

Note: I don't have access to MSVC compilers so I'm carefull changing stuff
for it especially with 2.7.3 coming out soon. It might be helpfull if he
tried the prerelease of 2.7.3 or the latest snapshot as well (although the
same line of code is in it, but it might have some fixes for config.hpp,
don't have time to check at the moment).

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when they're
  drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them. Ah? ..
           So it'd have to be something simple with pasta, then.
                 From: Interesting Times by Terry Pratchet

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: