[antlr-interest] Exception handlers

Richard Matthias richard at exaflop.org
Sun Jul 4 09:58:05 PDT 2004

Hi,

How do you get antlr to not generate default exception handlers?

I'm not interested in cooking up some sophisticated error handling strategy
as my parser is just for simple formulas in a spreadsheet-like program, but I
also don't find the default error handling behaviour helpful. I just want to
catch an exception in the code that calls the parser when an error is first
detected.

PS I take it nobody is interested in the code generation error report I
posted to the list last week (concerning the token section of the grammar
when both literal text and AST= options are used together)?

Richard