[antlr-interest] qbert

atarisoldiers qbert65536 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 21:28:33 PDT 2004

Hi!

First time posting, and as most people probably do I have to say how
much antlr rocks!  Ill never use anything else, ive been quite
spoiled by antlr in only a few days :S.

I have written ( assembled from other pieces really ) a grammar for d
( www.digitalmars.com/d/ ) , and have been slowly working down the
nondeterminism rules.  One that is particurlary bad for me is

d.g:24:38: warning:nondeterminism between alts 1 and 2 of block upon
d.g:24:38:     k==1:EOF
d.g:24:38:     k==2:EOF

My parser hangs forever, and Im guessing this might be the rule ?
Anyone here is the grammar ( http://www.atari-soldiers.com/d.g ) and
the current errors ( down from 300 lines lol! : http://www.atari-
soldiers.com/errors.txt ).

Any help is appreciated, I searched the group but couldnt find
nothing on it.

I should note ive never written a grammar before, so its likely to be
quite ugly :S.

Thanks!
Charles