[antlr-interest] Could someone answer me,please?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Jul 6 02:12:18 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 08:27:31AM -0000, yjargudo wrote:
> What I have to do to transform the c++ grammar of the antlr web page
> to java output?
>
> I removed the language option and all the antlr actions that are
> inserted in the grammar, but I had non-deterministic problems. It's
> correct what I did?. Must I traduce all the support functions that are
> used in the grammar to java?

The original grammar also has non-determinism warnings. I guess it should
do the 'right' thing in places where it happens. Some of them you can't
circumvent.

Indeed removing the language option for C++ is the right way to go. For the
C++ actions it depends wether you want #line information at least most of
it is to deal with #line statements if I recall right.

> The only thing that I need a clean grammar (without any antlr action
> inserted)that recognize c++. There are some place where I can get It?

The only antlr grammar that does C++ I'm aware of is the one you used from
David. It depends on how thorougly you want to recognize C++ wether it will
work without action code or subsequent tree walking/post processing.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893755  ----