[antlr-interest] Can't create AST Node?

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Wed Jul 7 14:23:43 PDT 2004

I'm using antlr-2.7.4 with Java as the target language.  I'd like to
specify a custom default AST type.  I tried using the option
"ASTLabelType" but it gives me a casting error.  So I thought perhaps
the ASTFactory wasn't building the correct type so I added
"parser.setASTNodeClass" to my Main routine.  Then I get a message that
says "Can't create AST Node <xyz>".  That's odd!?

I've seen this issue reported on the mailing list before, but I couldn't
find any solutions mentioned.  As far as I can tell, I'm doing
everything I'm supposed to do.  To be clear, this is not an access
problem...I have no trouble using the AST type if I use the <AST=...>
directive on a token and it ends up in the ASTFactory.  The issue seems
to be in the ASTFactory code itself!?! (i.e. not the build table)

--
Mike