[antlr-interest] [Antlr novice]: cannot insert "optional action"

mbtmbt mbt at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jul 12 18:09:47 PDT 2004

I'm trying to add member variable and methods to my TreeParser-
derived class.  Both the doc (see below) and FAQs tell me that all I
need to do is put my member variables and methods into { } after the
options statement.  Yet antlr (2.7.4, Windows, C++) seems to ignore
them completely.   Any ideas what may be going wrong?

class BlahBlahGenerator extends TreeParser;

options {
    importVocab=MyVocab;
}
{
int XXXXX; <====== is not included in either .hpp or .cpp file
}

====================================
Documentation:

All parser rules must be associated with a parser class. A grammar
(.g) file may contain only one parser class definitions (along with
lexers and tree-parsers). A parser class specification precedes the
options and rule definitions of the parser. A parser specification
in a grammar file often looks like:

{ optional class code preamble }
class YourParserClass extends Parser;
options