[antlr-interest] handling a common prefix

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Fri Jul 16 08:25:02 PDT 2004

Lexers can behave very much like parsers, some people put parser
functionality into lexers for awkward languages like COBOL or FORTRAN.

Also, see my article on parser filters.
http://www.codetransform.com/filterexample.html  That way uou could
have a real parser working the token stream, but then package up the
prefix constructs into a single token.  Not quite what the example
shows, but I'm sure you can get the general idea from it and figure it
out.

I'm heading for a long weekend so I won't be able to answer any more
'til Monday.

Monty

ANTLR & Java Consultant -- http://www.codetransform.com
ANSI C/GCC transformation toolkit --