[antlr-interest] Supergrammar error.

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 21 02:16:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 04:05:05PM -0500, Bharath Sundararaman wrote:
> I'm trying to extend my tree walking grammar to create a symbol table but
> I'm getting a "grammar not found" error. The tree walking grammar works just
> fine, though. I read from ANTLR doc that supergrammars of a grammar "P" are
> either
>
> 1) Grammars in the same file as P (If I add my symbol table grammar to the
> end of tree walking grammar, I get a "panic" error saying two grammars can't
> exist in the same file).

This is a mistake in the docs (thought I had actually removed all those
I'll check again)

> Or 2) Any grammar listed with the -glib option. I have an ANT TASK with an
> ANTLR TARGET. There is an option of choosing glib = "yes" when compiling the
> grammar too. I compiled my tree walker grammar using glib = "yes" option but
> my symbol table still cannot extend the tree walking grammar.

What if you follow the instructions from doc/inheritance.html from the
distro? (Don't know ant myself)

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893755  ----
 'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
  of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
    goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
     technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.