[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 3.0 question about common actions

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Thu Jul 29 11:14:18 PDT 2004

On Jul 28, 2004, at 6:22 PM, thrutchy wrote:

> --- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Terence Parr <parrt at c...> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 28, 2004, at 3:13 PM, thrutchy wrote:
>>> I would kind of like the ability to go in the complete opposite
>>> direction: express the complete grammar directly in the target
>>> language in a nice concise manner.
>>
>> That is called JavaCC :)
>
> You got my hopes up!  It looks like with JavaCC you specify the
> grammar in something that looks like Java, but it is clearly not.  I
> was wanting a set of classes to allow you to easily specify the
> grammar in Java (or C++, C#, etc).  From what I saw, I like ANTLR more.

Hooray!

Yep, i'm hoping that the new output code will be easier to read.  It
seems so already.  Definitely want a grammar, but we need to make the
output very understandable.  Heh, at least it's code...most systems
generate tables. :)  That's my "secret sauce" that many tools don't
seem to get ;)

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com
Cofounder, http://www.peerscope.com pure link sharing