[antlr-interest] Re: Get the line number in my deprecated messages

pwolleba pwolleba at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 05:40:40 PDT 2004

Thanks for your response Monty, it got me one step further!! :o)

As far I can see the getLine method is inside the CharScanner class,
I can however not see any solution for reaching this class from my
parser class.

If there is someone, reading this newsgroup, that has implemented a
deprecated message in their parsers I would be really happy if you
could send me an example on how you did it.
I have so far not found 1 single example that demonstrates this
problem.

Best regards,
Per

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Monty Zukowski <monty at c...>
wrote:
> Yeah, there's a getLine() or somesuch in the Token class.  If
you're
> using a recent ANTLR then it will be filled in automatically as
long as
> you call newline() in your lexer rule that matches newlines.  The
java
> grammar is a good place to see how this works.
>
> Monty
>
> On May 30, 2004, at 3:51 AM, pwolleba wrote:
>

> > I am writing an ANTLR parser for a language developed by my firm.
As