[antlr-interest] a question

yjargudo yjargudo at tiscali.es
Thu Jun 10 01:03:35 PDT 2004

hello,

My question perhaps seems stupid, but I don't have many experience in
antlr.

I have the following rules in an antlr grammar:

keyword:
  KEYWORD

;

identifier:
	IDENTIFIER
;

IDENTIFIER
	:	ALPHA (ALPHA|DIGIT)+
		(COLON {$setType(KEYWORD); })?
	;

COLON
	: ':' (EQUALS | UNDERSCORE{ $setType(KEYWORD); })?
	;

Now I explain the problem. A keyword is an IDENTIFIER followed by ':'.
I also Can have and ASSIGN that is :
   IDENTIFIER := something   or IDENTIFIER _ something.

My question is how can I change the rules to force antlr that when it
found an IDENTIFIER ':',it looks the next token to see if it is '='
and then,I'm doing and assignment and not a KEYWORD?

Thank you

Yolanda