[antlr-interest] C++ Segmentation Fault

Marx Gomes ceticobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jun 10 14:51:29 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm starting to use ANTLR to generate C++ output. I've designed a
simple grammar, and everything seems to work well, except that I can't
set "buildAST = true" without getting "Segmentation fault" errors
whenever I run my parser. Neither ANTLR nor the C++ compiler complain
about anything in the source files, it compiles nicely, just does not
work (unless I comment out the "buildAST = true" line, then it runs
perfectly).

I was able to trace the problem back to this line:

RefAST t = nodeFactories[tok->getType()]->second();

inside method "RefAST ASTFactory::create(RefToken tok)"
in file "AstFactory.cpp"

Looks like the problem occurs because an invalid index
("tok->getType()") is acessed in "nodeFactories", but that's all I can
say about it, since I'm not very much familiar with the generated
code.

Anybody knows where the problem could be? I could post parts of my
grammar, if it helps.

Thanks in advance,
Marx