[antlr-interest] Re: How to use antlr

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Jun 17 04:27:55 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 11:04:17AM -0000, jay_ayliff wrote:
> %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32
> \WBEM;f:\antlr-2.7.3;f:\antlr-2.7.3/antlr.jar;

You need to add the jar file to the CLASSPATH variable. Or specify them on
the commandline to to the java program something like:

java -classpath f:\antlr-2.7.3/antlr.jar antlr.Tool yourfile.g

If your classpath already contains some packages you might have to use:

java -classpath %CLASSPATH%;f:\antlr-2.7.3/antlr.jar antlr.Tool yourfile.g

(Not 100% sure if -classpath is used on windows it might have a slightly
different name to make things easier... I also recall a -jar option that
might be near equivalent)

Another option if you want to get rid of the java part is to download a
binary gcj compiled version of the tool from the files section of antlr.org
(I'm not sure wether you need a working/partial gcj install next to the
binary though since I didn't make these binaries).

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- j.klaren at utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893755  ----