antlr-interest added to Gmane

Arnar Birgisson arnarb at oddi.is
Mon Jun 21 05:03:06 PDT 2004

Hello there,

> I'm not sure wether one of you added us to this list....

Not me :o)

> I had a look at this site and in the current settings it allows once more
> easy email address harvesting.
>
> If you add a header like this to your mails then your email addy will
> obfuscated:

Most users won't add this header, so it would need to be the default (as
you mentioned below) IMHO.

> > If you wish to import older archives into Gmane, send a message to
> > the Gmane administrators with the URL of a Unix mbox archive of the
> > mailing list.
>
> This might actually be an interesting option since the search of
> yahoogroups is completely and utterly useless nowadays. I do not know
> wether you can get an mbox archive from yahoogroups though. I'd actually be
> interested in a dump of the complete archive just to be able to effectively
> search in...

I have an mbox of everything since my subscription, which is
unfortunately (for me :o) recent, the first message is posted Oct 25,
2003, and the mbox contains 2610 messages.

How is www.antlr.org managed and funded? Have we considered running our
own mailing list?

Arnar