[antlr-interest] simple exception question

Greg Gimler ggimler at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:48:12 PDT 2004

Currently in my grammar I'd like to have any exceptions thrown to a top
level class in order to handle any languages I pass through that don't match
my productions.  I implemented a solution but I'm not happy with it.  I'm
currently appending:
    exception // for rule
    catch [RecognitionException ex] {
       throw ex; // we want this to be handled at the application level
    }

after each production.  My top level class can receive any exceptions and
take appropriate action.  My question is, is there a simpler way to do this?
  Maybe some switch I'm not aware of that will automatically throw any
exceptions to a top level class?   Thanks.

-Greg