[antlr-interest] Re: Ter adds 3.0 status report

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sun Jun 27 09:30:08 PDT 2004

On Jun 27, 2004, at 6:41 AM, Mark Lentczner wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2004, at 3:53 PM, Terence Parr wrote:
>
>> My goal is to get ANTLR 3 together enough to handle the (upgraded)
>> java
>> lexer/parser/treeparser and then build a C code generator as it's
>> pretty different (non-OO, header files, ...).
>
> Ack!  Does anyone really want C code generation?  Surely in this day
> and age, anyone building something with Antlr has C++ available...

I have actual requests for C-based recognizers :)  It should be pretty
easy as I'll use struct to mimic classes.  Fortunately, all (and I mean
all) code gen logic is encapsulated in the CodeGenerator class.  All
output is encapsulated in the template file (currently I only have
Java.stg).  So, adding C should be relatively straightforward, though
it will require upgrades to the CodeGenerator (that may be useful for
other languages) to handle generating more than one file (headers).

Ter