[antlr-interest] Noob question about HTML.g

Sean Walker lists at surfmy.net
Mon Jun 28 08:40:41 PDT 2004

I'm a complete noob and I'm trying to get a handle on ANTLR. The docs
are great, but a bit overwhelming and I'm looking for a place to start
to find out how to do the following.

I've read through the HTML.g C# example that comes with the tarball and
found that it is very similar to what I need. Basically, I need to
examine an HTML file, break it down into a logical tree that I can
manipulate, adding, deleting, and altering content on the fly. If I have
with something else depending upon the name given to "class". This
requires that I get at the values of ATTR in HTML.g at the parser level,
if I am correct. This also requires building a tree that contains all
these nodes. I have looked at the tree docs and can't understand them,
so I don't even know if I'm heading in the wrong direction or not. I
basically understand the syntax of a grammar, but much of it eludes me
as of yet.

Oh, I've never worked with any tools of this sort before. I mean it when
I say complete noob. ;)

Thanks!

--
Sean Walker