[antlr-interest] how to use ANTLR 2

rvescan rvescan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 01:44:58 PDT 2004

Hy,
i'n veeeery green in the lexer/parser business, but I need a MS SQL
parser (in C#).

I found the grammar posted by Tomasz Jastrzebski, got the antlr,
read all the antlr site, got it goind, passed the antlr/tool
problem, compiled the grammar file, got the lexer and parser c# code
files, put them in a project, run it succesfully.

And now what? How can I know if it parsed succesfully? Where is the
result of the parsing? How can i be sure I'm using the correct
entrypoint?

problems:
1. I delegated ALL the events from the lexer and parser object. No
event ever fired!
2. The grammar file does not contain a AST (TreeParser) definition
(the option BuildAST = true results in an error) so the parser.getAST
() returns null. Is there another way to see the results of a
parsing without the AST? (i am incapable to write a treeparser for
SQL as it is)

thanx for the help,
Radu