[antlr-interest] Re: Unable to run Xref tool with antlr2.7.2

salgavkar salgavkar at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 18:36:10 PST 2004

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "lgcraymer" <lgc at m...> wrote:
> The version of Xref that you are using is an antique.  Try
downloading the one at http://www.antlr.org/share/list (click on
the "Java
> Cross Referencing Tool" item).  Any version that is dependent on
pre-2.6 ANTLR is guaranteed to have an ancient java grammar,
> anyway, and probably would not work on the code that you are
interested in.

> --Loring

Thanks. Did try Alpha
(http://www.antlr.org/share/1073500619580/JavaCrossRef.zip), still
no joy.

I am running antlr 2.7.2 on j2sdk1.4.1_03. get following errors:

F:\faltu\JavaCrossRef\antlr.xref\src\org\antlr\java\crossref>javac
*.java
Main.java:251: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class JavaDefsTreeParser
location: class org.antlr.java.crossref.Main
                        JavaDefsTreeParser dparse = new
JavaDefsTreeParser();
                        ^
Main.java:251: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class JavaDefsTreeParser
location: class org.antlr.java.crossref.Main
                        JavaDefsTreeParser dparse = new
JavaDefsTreeParser();
                                                        ^
Main.java:265: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class JavaPreRefsTreeParser
location: class org.antlr.java.crossref.Main
                        JavaPreRefsTreeParser prparse = new
JavaPreRefsTreeParse
r();
                        ^
Main.java:265: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class JavaPreRefsTreeParser
location: class org.antlr.java.crossref.Main
                        JavaPreRefsTreeParser prparse = new
JavaPreRefsTreeParse
r();
                                                            ^
Main.java:279: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class JavaRefsTreeParser
location: class org.antlr.java.crossref.Main
            JavaRefsTreeParser rparse = new JavaRefsTreeParser();
            ^
Main.java:279: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class JavaRefsTreeParser
location: class org.antlr.java.crossref.Main
            JavaRefsTreeParser rparse = new JavaRefsTreeParser();
                                            ^
6 errors

Did try the following:
java antlr.Tool defs.java
but got
this error >>>
F:\faltu\JavaCrossRef\antlr.xref\src>java antlr.Tool
org\antlr\java\crossref\ref
s.g
ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.7.2   1989-2003 jGuru.com
error: grammar JavaTreeParser not defined

Then i manually compiled JavaTreeParser and repeated the previous
step, still no joy.

What could be the problem.

Salgavkar