[antlr-interest] Re: Putting this all into an AST

offline314159 offline at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 5 10:21:44 PST 2004

As Loring suggested, i refactored groups to read like this:

w:WORD ( DOT^ WORD ( DOT! WORD )* )?

So when i get a single point group, there's just that one word as the
root.
"grpword"
---- (name)
--------(params)
--------(value)

But, when i get more than one subgroup, i get problems - the group
tokens all vanish, and in the AST i get
"."
---- (name)
-------(params)
-------(value)

But it loses the rest of the group, which is not desired behaviour.
And it doesn't seem to make sense, based on the shape of the rule for
groups

So, i'm wondering, do i have to manually build the group tree?  And if
so, how do i do it with that rule?  This is going to require actions,
i can see that, but i'm not totally sure about the right ones to take
(as should be obvious to the list in general at this point.)

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, mzukowski at y... wrote:
> Remember, only tokens, not rules, can be made into a root.  So {#item =
> #([groups, ""], #item);} makes no sense because "groups" is a rule.
 ANTLR