[antlr-interest] Antlr exceptions

Donovan, Bob bob.donovan at ugsplm.com
Wed Mar 10 07:26:54 PST 2004

Hi,

In my parser, I am collecting all errors generated from the parser so that I can present them in a view after the parse is complete. I have extended the CommonToken class with an ExtentToken tracks columns, rows, etc of each token.

I noticed that only the MismatchedTokenException and the NoViableAltException have a variable that holds a token:
public antlr.Token token;

which I can use to retrieve the token.

Are these the only two subclasses of ANTLRException that I need to be concerned about that return a Token? Or do I need to get tokens from the other exceptions? I want to make sure that I am capturing all errors generated along with where in the file they occur?

Bob