[antlr-interest] Re: referencing the lexer context from the parser

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 11 16:20:00 PST 2004

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Dy" <jerrydy at s...> wrote:
> Does it make sense to access this inTable variable from my parser? If
> so, how is it done? Thanks!

Best advice here is "don't".  The problem is lookahead:  if k>1, the lexer state may have changed by the time you look at a token.
This also makes for fragile code.  Usually, when you feel the urge to tie the lexer to the parser in this way it is time to ask "Am I trying
to do too much in the lexer?" and expect to hear "yes" echoing back.

--Loring