[antlr-interest] Re: Manually insert a node into an automatically contructed tree

oliver_kellogg oliver_kellogg at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 04:20:46 PST 2004

Terence Parr wrote:

> > Is it possible to insert an artificial (dummy) item in the tree
> > that is automatically constructed for a rule?
>
> Yes. It looks like you are doing so below...doesn't that work?

It does work for the C++ targeted grammar, but it
doesn't for the Java targeted one which I am currently
working on:

AdaParser.java:7061: exception antlr.RecognitionException is never
thrown in body of corresponding try statement

This happens while translating the method empty_component_items()
which is produced by the rule

empty_component_items :
  { #empty_component_items =
    #(#[COMPONENT_ITEMS,
       "COMPONENT_ITEMS"], #empty_component_items); }
  ;

Thanks,

Oliver