[antlr-interest] Re: Antlr website font for code samples is unreadable

Greg Lindholm glindholm at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 14:07:57 PST 2004

Thanks for the info, when I bumped it up one notch to "larger" it's very readable.

However... it was set to the default ("medium") and I've never had to adjusted this for any other sites.

I've now played with it for a couple minutes going off to a few different sites... and "larger" is uncomfortably large on many sites.

I hope you'll take my advice and make the font larger, if not at least I have a work-around.

P.S. You might want (or not) to run some of these pages thru an HTML validator. (There's a lot of errors on the "Lookahead Analysis" page.) If you are generating HTML from TML then you could propably tweek your generator to fix most of the errors.

Here are two online HTML validators I've used.
http://validator.w3.org/
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
The second one is a little friendlier to use.

lgcraymer <lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
The "text size" menu under "View" works with IE and antlr.org. Oops--now I=
've pointed out that I have learned how to use an MS
product. I cannot possibly be one of the elite ...

--Loring

wrote:

> > On Mar 15, 2004, at 7:42 AM, Greg Lindholm wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ter,
> > >
> > > Sorry to gripe but I find the font you use for
> > code samples on the
> > > Antlr website to be practically unreadable.   Do
> > you think maybe you
> > > could make it a little bigger, please.
> > >
> > > To read the source code stuff I have to either
> > > and paste it into notepad.
> > >
> > > I'm using M$-IE and have no problems anywhere
> > else.
> >
> > Hmm...IE on the mac is ok. Hm...i thought size=2
> > was a pretty size for
> > people. That is what we chose for jGuru, though I
> > wanted size=1 ;)
> >
> > Ter
> > --
> > Professor Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco
> > Creator, ANTLR Parser Generator,
> > http://www.antlr.org
> > Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com
> > Cofounder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email