[antlr-interest] Re: Generated C++ Parser Performance

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Mar 16 00:04:48 PST 2004

On 3/16/04 8:48 AM, "lgcraymer" <lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> I'd bet on the lexer then.  The only other likely sources of slowdown
> memory are memory management--a custom allocator for ASTs might
> help--and exceptions (syntactic predicates).  Ric may have some other
> suggestions.

Lorin,

Why you say this is lexer fault?
Java parser uses the same ANTLR lexer, yes?

So why C++ parser is slower of Java ?!

Sounds not pleasant.

Oh guys:    "I feel the need...the need for speed"

-----------------------
Terrence, Rick,

Speed should be the highest priority for ANTLR 3.0 IMHO.

You should develop
    -- regression tests
    -- regression BENCHMARKS
    -- run benchmarks with profiles