[antlr-interest] New to Antlr: need guideline for parsing C++ header file.

salee2945 salee2945 at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 16 05:20:49 PST 2004

Hello, Antlr users:

I need to write a program that parses C++ header files to generate
some C++ source code for my current C++ RMI project. I am new to
Antlr or any other parser/lexer stuff.

I downloaded C++ grammar by David Wigg from the share list at Antlr
web site and managed to generate CPPParser and CPPlexer files, but
failed to compile them, using binaries comiled with MSVC 7.0 by Arnar
Birgisson (which i also downloaded from the share list).

Now I am thinking if generating general C++ parser is an overkill to
parse only header files for things like: class names, base class
names, virtual methord names, and their parameters.

Could anyone tell me if I am in the right track? If not, any
suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

SL