[antlr-interest] Re: Antlr v3: Trees

lgcraymer lgc at mail1.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 17 14:01:07 PST 2004

I see four areas where ANTLR 3 will make a difference--performance, industrial-strength tree support, output templates, and (if we can
get there) workbench support for visual editing and refactoring.  The output templates and workbench support are also very high impact
items.  I figure that the tree support knocks off about 30% of current development overhead, output templates will account for another
30%, and the workbench might account for another 30%.  "Comes the revolution, comes the revolution".

--Loring