[antlr-interest] antlr 3 stuff

mzukowski at yci.com mzukowski at yci.com
Wed Mar 17 15:58:04 PST 2004

I'd like to explore the 'language extension' space for antlr 3.  To me
developing a grammar and extending a grammar are very distinct phases of
antlr coding.  Plenty of people download grammars and just want to tweak
them with actions or a small bit of new syntax.  In "Growing Languages with
Metamorphic Syntax Macros" by Claus Brabrand and Michael I. Schwartzbach at
http://www.brics.dk/bigwig/publications/#macro they present a system that
makes it safe for people to extend languages by not letting them do stupid
things that have huge side effects.  When the time comes I'll re-read the
paper again and try and convince Ter & Loring.

Monty
www.codetransform.com