[antlr-interest] StringTemplate

william_surowiec william.surowiec at thomsonmedia.com
Sat May 1 13:32:46 PDT 2004

I am having conceptual problems in approaching a task on which I
believe StringTemplate (ST hereafter) would be excellent.

I will be creating an "xml-ish" view of a complex Java object. Make
believe the example of "persons" in the documentation for ST was
richer. Imagine, in addition to name and age, each person had zero or
more courses taken while in school. Getting more complex, imagine,
for each course, the person may have taken it one or more times (God
knows I did). Lastly, imagine any person may have attended zero or
more schools.

I can build a Java bean, containing collections of other beans,
containing other beans, ..., expressing this collection of stuff. But
I do not see how I can get ST to process this structure - unless I am
missing something.

Any enlightenment would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Bill