[antlr-interest] Re: StringTemplate

william_surowiec william.surowiec at thomsonmedia.com
Sun May 2 10:34:01 PDT 2004

I wish to thank the community for the help - thank you all :)

The problem turned out to be my use of arrays. As soon as I changed
to representing my nested piles of stuff (Person, School, Course) as
Lists (implemented as ArrayLists) problems evaporated. (Reading the
source code did help. What a nice testimonial to open source tools -
code and a community of developers available over the weekend - can
any commercial tool beat that?)

What a delightful tool! A few lines of template code (expressed
logically over 3 small text files) and a complex Java representation
gets expressed as a complex xml-ish blob - hot dog!

Thanks

Bill