[antlr-interest] Compiler design workflow - any suggestions?

c3i_smc rene at c3ismc.com
Tue May 4 12:00:33 PDT 2004

A question from a beginner at this game.

I wondered how the more experienced compiler writers manage the
process of creating ANTLR code, generating the parser, testing the
(new) stuff as  an ongoing process.

In the regular programming domain I would use JUnit and automated test
cases to make sure new things don't break old things.

Are you using similar techniques and if so would you care to elaborate
on that a bit?

I am working on a Content MathML parser/evaluator and (being new to
the game) to keep the various parts of the process in sync is somewhat
daunting.

My thanks for any suggestions,

Regards

     Raynier