[antlr-interest] Re: Problem w/ string rule

chiplastique jeremyj at imtc.gatech.edu
Thu May 20 07:32:49 PDT 2004

I need my string rule to recognize unicode strings with with 'exotic'
characters from other languages, so defining a token vocabulary for
all of the possibilities would be problematic.

So that I understand clearly, will negation only recognize characters
defined in lexer rules?

Also, are there any other internationalization/unicode issues I
should consider with ANTLR?  Again, I'm using the C# ANTLR
implementation so I would think that unicode support is a freebie.
The only rule that needs to recognize funky characters is this string
rule.

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Monty Zukowski <monty at c...>
wrote:
> You need to define a "tokenVocabulary" -- by default ANTLR will
only
> recognize characters matched explicitly in lexer rules (not
including
> negations).
>
> Monty
>
> On May 19, 2004, at 3:17 PM, chiplastique wrote:
>
> > I have the following simple lexer rule for identifying strings:
> >
> > STRING
> > 	;
> >
> > This rule should recognize any sequence of characters enclosed by
> > double quotes.  However, I've discovered that strings including
> > certain punctuation characters such as '\', '`', or ';' cause
ANTLR