[antlr-interest] Software Transformation Systems Workshop

Anakreon anakreonmejdi at yahoo.gr
Wed May 26 16:53:07 PDT 2004

> Did you consider other toolkits besides ANTLR?
I concidered JavaCC, but when the project started it
was closed sources. Also concidered JFlex as the lexer
producer, but then I would need an other tool for the
Parser generator. In order to avoid having many tools
and achieve simplicity (as much as possible) I chose
ANTLR for the lexer generator as well. ANTLR, after i
learned the tool, was very good for the job. I needed
a Lexer generator, a Parser generator and a TreeParser
generator and ANTLR provides them all. A significant
factor to the progress of the project was the help I
received from the mailing list, either by looking at
used for the project the Java lexer+parser distributed
with ANTLR as a start for the JavaScript equivalents.