[antlr-interest] TokenStreamRewriteEngine class and samples of its usage

kumarsriram sriram.kumar at nomissolutions.com
Wed May 26 19:04:49 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm a novice to ANTLR. I'm trying to write an expression parser
(extension to the one that is provided in the ANTLR examples). I
have a case where I need to replace some input characters
("$input.xyz" should be replaced with "getXYZ()"). I figured out
that I could use TokenStreamRewriteEngine to do that. But when I use
it in my program, I end up with ClassCastExceptions whenever I
invoke nextToken() method on the engine instance. Has anyone used
TokenStreamRewriteEngine before? BTW, am I taking the correct
approach?

I have tested my Lexer and Parser and they seem to be work fine.

Have enclosed my test code.

MyLexer lexer = new MyLexer(new StringBufferInputStream(inputStr));
System.out.println("Input string is " + inputStr);
TokenStreamRewriteEngine writer = new TokenStreamRewriteEngine
(lexer);
Token t = writer.nextToken; //here's the problematic code

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,