[antlr-interest] BENCHMARK. ANTLR. Bad results.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 12 18:17:54 PST 2004

On 11/13/04 2:10 AM, "Ric Klaren" <klaren at cs.utwente.nl> wrote:

> With the ANTLR3 C++ support code I'd rather make it easy to plug in own
> custom string classes than supply another string library that needs to be
> maintained (although people have offered custom string libraries) Also the
> unicode story will crop up pretty quick when we talk string classes.

May be this is good idea.

Then I think only real way -- to use Policy method (based on templates)

I.e. No virtual methods.
Just exists some pre-defined API.

If somebody want own string class, then he need to write small class that
repeat policy API and redirect calls to that string class.

Another way -- interfaces. But this bring overload of virtual calls.
3 times slow down on each call.

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com