[antlr-interest] BENCHMARK. ANTLR. Bad results.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Nov 13 01:43:33 PST 2004

On 11/13/04 11:29 AM, "Alex Sedow" <alexsedow at mail.ru> wrote:

>>> Of course, ANTLR/C++ must use its own string. Because custom string may
>>> speed up parsing speed about 3-4 times. In my parsers I use special hash
>>> string class. All structures (tokens, AST nodes) contains smart pointers
>>> hash strings.
>>> Hash string internals:
>>> offset, size, comment
>>> 0, 4, hash code <- pointers refers there
>>> 4, 4, reference counter
>>> 8, 4, string length
>>> 12, N, string (where N is sizeof of ASCIIZ string)
>>
>> Hmm. So you also copy strings? Why not simply pointer(s)?
>
> No string copying. I use reference counter pointers that refers to string
> (string described above).

I think you mean when you copy YOUR strings.

But what is this?

   12, N, string (where N is sizeof of ASCIIZ string)

As I understand -- this is copy of some word/token which you get from
original string. Right ?

So on creation of YOUR string instance, you make copy.
Right?

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com