[antlr-interest] Perfomance question re bit iterator

ron_bennatan ron_bennatan at guardium.com
Tue Nov 16 14:12:47 PST 2004

Hi,

We have fairly complex parsers with some (but not too much)
loookahead. We generate C++ code and we use codeGenBitsetThreshold=4.

We've been doing some performance testing and when running gprof we
see that around 40% of the time is in MismatchTokenException and
specifically in std::_Bit_iterator std::_copy.

Can anyone shed some light as to what exactly MismatchTokenException
is, when it is raised (we think we know - but are not sure) and what
we can do to reduce the run time? Also, are there any tips as to how
to reduce the number of copies and anything else that can reduce the
number of these exceptions and copies.

Thanks.