[antlr-interest] Differing behavior between ParseTreeDebugParse and Parser

Kevin Lindsey kevin at kevlindev.com
Tue Nov 23 07:23:41 PST 2004

Hello,

I decided to follow the suggestion of one of the ANTLR articles which
describes how to generate the derivation of a parse for debugging purposes.
This was working great and then I started getting stack underflows from
ParseTreeDebugParser. I reverted my grammar, but for the life of me the
problem persists. I decided to switch back to the default "extends Parser"
and the exact same parse completes successfully. I have defaultErrorHandler
set to false, so I believe I should see any errors encountered during the
parse. Is this an indication that something is wrong with my grammar or with
ParseTreeDebugParser. BTW, I'm using the C# generation.

Thanks,
Kevin