[antlr-interest] Issue & bug tracking for ANTLR

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Nov 24 11:29:43 PST 2004

On Nov 24, 2004, at 10:44 AM, Bryan Ewbank wrote:
> Ter said, in response to a request for bug/issue tracking:
>> Hi, thanks.  I may use a java-based solution or might spend a
>> few days and build my own tailored system.  Probably can get
>> a good student to build it. :)
>
> Ack!  Is that NIH rearing it's head?  Why not something that already
> lives?

Ok, i'll uninvent ANTLR and StringTemplate since yacc and velocity
already live ;)

Seriously, I build my own stuff unless I find something that is better
than I can do (for my purposes) in a few days (you'll note that jGuru
uses resin and lucene as I can't do better myself and certainly not in
any kind of quick turnaround).  Case in point is my class file and byte
code assembler I built over a few days.  No dependency on BCEL or other
programs when installing antlr and my stuff is smaller.  Further, it
was fun!

Remember my opinion of most "free" software ;)  I get frustrated and
then I build something to fix the situation.  Note that I'm conversing
with Matt Benson at the moment to create HumAnt, a human readable
version of Ant with its filthy xml spec.  Oddly enough what I came up
with looks like make w/o the whitespace issue. ;)

Ter
Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com