[antlr-interest] Rewriting trees

Maassen, H.A.M. H.A.M.Maassen at student.tue.nl
Fri Nov 26 02:33:25 PST 2004

Ok I'm stumped.. I've looked through the manual, the FAQ, but I can't figure out how to reorder trees using a treeparser.. why won't this work:

rule: "if" // ignore subtrees for now
      { ## = #([VIRT,"IF STATEMENT"], ##); }
    ;

How do I tell the treewalker to just copy subtrees without having to describe their exact structure?

rule: #("if" (.)*)  // this doesn't work :(
    ;

Am I missing anything? Is it right under my nose? I know it can't be this difficult...
Are there any tree-reordering examples out there? The ones I downloaded from ANTLR.org don't rewrite but rather generate code or calculate expressions or something else unrelated...

S.O.S., Harald Maassen