[antlr-interest] Re: Why no children in tree generated by C++ parser?

David Wigg wiggjd at lsbu.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 04:05:52 PDT 2004

Hello Maurice,

As the latest supplier of the C++ parser in the antlr.org site I
can confirm that I have not attempted to generate an AST as yet.

I assume the recent correspondence on this list refers to our
version 3.0 dated 1 July 2004.

I was glad to hear that you have been able to run it
successfully. However, if you find any problems with it please
let me know.

We include our application code via pre-processor conditional
statements and using subclassing, similar to the demonstration
module, MyCode.cpp, to keep it separate from the parser code.

I would very much like to offer tree parser output, but I do not
have sufficient spare time at present. If anyone would like to
co-operate with me to modify the parser to produce a suitable
AST from this parser then I would be pleased to help.

David
Research Fellow
Centre for Systems and Software Engineering
London South Bank University
UK