[antlr-interest] Re: Why no children in tree generated by C++ parser?

David Wigg wiggjd at lsbu.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:02:16 PDT 2004

Maurice van der Pot wrote on Saturday 16 October about data to
be stored in a parse tree for our C++ parser.

Thanks Maurice for also pointing out correction required to
the "throw" statement production in our C++ parser.

I think Maurice's question about what data should be saved in
a tree parser is a good one which should interest the antlr
community.

I regret that I am not familiar with AST entries but
personally I would expect line numbers to be saved with all
entries with symbols so that a user could get back to the
source code easily.

I can only suggest that if you build in the production of
an AST that it is done in a general a way as possible so as a)
to show how it can be done and b) to provide a framework to
show how other items can be added for individual requirements.

David Wigg
London South Bank University
UK