[antlr-interest] Re: build issues: bytecode assembly generation

Barry Kelly barry.j.kelly at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 10:28:50 PDT 2004

> It took quite a bit of
> trial and error to get Antlr to even run under Windows.

I'm not so sure of that. When compiled with MinGW GCJ it depends on
nothing which doesn't come with Windows. I've posted a .exe binary on
the ANTLR website compiled like this. It certainly *isn't* a language
issue.

> If any
> particular language was significantly easier to use, everyone would be using
> it.  In any case, this is a philosophical issue on which we may simply
> disagree.

Any time this kind of subject comes up in any discussion anywhere, it
never goes anywhere! Let's not argue.

-- Barry