[antlr-interest] Speed (was: build issues: bytecode assembly generation)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 22 22:58:26 PDT 2004

On 10/23/04 8:51 AM, "Don Caton" <dcaton at shorelinesoftware.com> wrote:

> John:
>
> With full optimizations, the entire lexing/parsing/treewalking process is
> plenty fast enough.  The pluggable string template thing is very
> interesting, but it's too far away to have any impact on our current
> development.  I've already modified some of the antlr headers so frequently
> called methods can be inlined.  Not sure why those methods weren't already
> in the hpp files.

Because ANTLR developers says:

    we want correct tool in the first turn
    we do not care about fast tool.

:-)

I also have many times point this things.
Other developers too.

Point was that this is very simple refactoring.
It cannot bring bugs....but...we still there.

--
Best regards,
e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
web: http://www.paradigmasoft.com